The Genealogical Query feature is available for requesting (from other visitors to the website) information on your own ancestors, and for you to provide assistance to others in their genealogical quests. The following are the guidelines for using this feature.
After you have posted a query, it's a good idea to check the website frequently (at least weekly) to see whether your query has received any answers. Your queries will now stay on the site for an indefinite period, unless you ask the administrator to delete it earlier.
- First, press "Index" in the top block. Then under "General", click on JIMO-SULLIVAN>NET Genealogical". This will bring up all previous postings for this feature.
To read a posted entry, click on the posting subject.
If you have an ancestor whom you would like to know more about, press the "Start a New Topic" button.
- Enter your name and email address in the spaces provided (required fields).
- In the Subject line, enter the full name of the person you are seeking information about. Follow this by their year of birth (or approximate year, e.g. ~1830) and their place of birth (or last known residence). Keep concise, as only the first 40 characters will be viewable. Note: Your inquiries should be limited to persons whose birth surname was O'Sullivan or Sullivan.
- In the Enter Message box enter any information you may have on the person such as names of siblings or children, occupation and location, to whom married, date of marriage, year emigrated, port of emigration or immigration, place and date of death, etc.
- After you add the information, enter Query: and a summary of the requested information.
Then check the "Notify me by email" box if you want to be notified when someone responds to your post.
- Press the "Submit" button.
- If you have information that will assist someone with resolving their query, press the "Reply" button located to the right of their query heading.
- Enter your name and email address in the spaces provided (required fields)
- In the New Message box, enter any information that might help resolve the query. This could be a direct answer based on your own research, or reference to and location of specific documents that might contain the desired information.
- Press the "Submit " button when your response is completed.
Proceed to the Genealogical Queries page to review some samples. Then return to these "Guidelines" to review the instructions as necessary.
Press on "Genealogical Queries" above or below to proceed to the Genealogical Queries feature.
Return to Home Page..To Genealogical Search..To Genealogical Queries